Promoting continence for people living with dementia
Promoting continence for people living with dementia.
The Care Inspectorate has launched an important new resource aimed at improving the quality of life of people living with dementia. Called, ‘Promoting continence for people living with dementia and long-term conditions’ the resource highlights the support required to help people remain continent and thereby maximise their quality of life.
The project to produce this resource included support from The Care Inspectorate, Scottish Care, Scottish Government, NHS Continence Advisers, the Scottish Dementia Working Group, ACA and the National Dementia Carers Action Network.
The resource consists of an easy read guide, poster and DVD to support its five key messages which are:
- Know me and what’s important in my life and do what’s best for me.
- Know me and how I communicate.
- What I need to stay continent and how you can help.
- Create an environment that supports me to be independent and promotes continence.
- Look for every opportunity to promote my continence – be creative.
You can read more, and find access details, on the careappoinments.co.uk websites.